Backlinko’s Brian Dean is famous for having a great blog with just a few high-quality posts. But when his traffic started to flatten out, he had to scale it up. He put together a plan for that with his team.
Here are the steps:
- Break down your writing process into tiny steps
- Create an organized Content Calendar.
- Plan out your content schedule for the next 6-8 months.
- Create outlines for upcoming posts. Outline before writing.
- Write content based on first-hand knowledge and experience.
- Hire writers with actual experience. Ex: Hire a plumber not a writer to write content if you have a plumbing business.
- Staff up your content team, to edit, create visuals, video, etc.
- Bonus: Repurpose content into new formats like video, podcast, etc.