Let’s talk about SEO. How much ever money you have to spend on ads, no one can ignore Google and it’s free organic traffic. Let’s see some ways to improve your SEO and how to get higher ranking & conversions.
Three ways to improve your SEO right now
Found this Podcast interview via a Reddit post. It is an interview with Gareth Morgan, who runs one of UK’s largest Digital Agency. There are 3 quick wins to improve your site’s SEO.
- Avoid cannibalisation. Each page in your site should be about 1 keyword. Don’t optimize multiple pages for the same keyword.
- Google is a popularity contest. More relevant & authoritative sites linked to your site = more popularity.
- Structure your content: cornerstone content (ultimate guide type of content) and content hubs (long-tail keywords articles).
Having a fast & optimized site is important to get better rankings. Siteground allows you to focus on creating awesome content, while they worry about hosting.
Signup for SiteGround and get 70% off
Want to advertise your product or service to marketers? Hit reply.
Understanding & Fulfilling Search Intent
This is a Whiteboard Friday by Britney Muller of Moz, where she shares how to understand and fulfil search intent.
You can pull the different search intent types directly from the SERPs, but each result page has a combination of different intent types. She also shares a Spreadsheet that you can use to easily understand search intent.
Once you identify the right intent, you have to fulfil the intent. Write content that is great to create summaries, has subtitles, scannable, repurpose it to different media, etc.
Watch the video and walk through the spreadsheet to analyse how you can improve your content on your site.
Ultimate SEO Copywriting Guide
We all know that content writers are different from copywriters. Then what is SEO copywriting? SEO Copywriting is about finding the right balance between content that persuades users and content that ranks at the top on Google.
It’s not enough if you write high-ranking content or content that educates your visitors. You need to persuade them and convert them into customers.
Here are some steps:
- Find the right keywords & research them.
- Identify related questions & search intent.
- Craft the perfect title & copy.
- Focus on the content flow (remember slippery slide) to make your visitors read the next line.
- And many more.
14% higher conversions by focussing on long-tail keywords
You hear everyone claiming long-tail keywords are better. But doopoll wrote long-tail content which got lesser traffic, but 14% higher conversions than the regular blog posts. And the best part is it takes even lesser time to create such posts.